The tools every painter needs to improve her paintings. Lessons will include: attraction and point of view; creating your focal point; making lines, shapes, and forms with emotion; dividing spaces in interesting ways; grouping values; and compositional frameworks. Also included are how to work out the problems, determining the viewer's eye movement through the painting; and how to evaluate your painting's composition with the 5 principles of art.
If you want to take your painting to the next level, this is the class for you.
Eight weeks, in my studio near Monrovia CA. $160 for 8 classes. Supply list will be provided. Limit of 5 students. Email me for dates firstname.lastname@example.org
How do Students Benefit?
* Less floundering and more time for creating.
* Classes offer an immersion experience to learn from the Impressionists
* Studying and sketching master paintings allows students to learn about the “rules of
painting” and to improve their techniques.
* Delving deeply into the lives of the painters—their successes and failures—can give a boost to students’ energy and creativity.
* Comprehensive framework studying all aspects of composition, shapes, values, brushstrokes, color theory and color mixing. * Hands-on experimentation every step of the way to master techniques.
Part private art tour, part sketching class, we will go on location in a local art museum to learn a new way of looking at oil paintings—from a painter’s point of view. This tour is ideal for painters who want to learn how to do Impressionism because it includes a segment where we will be closely examining the museum's paintings and doing an exercise on sketching. $40. Please bring a sketch pad and a pencil. Admission to the museum is included.
Email email@example.com to inquire about dates.